Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On Sales and Shoes

The good thing about a sale is adding all the new goodies to your wardrobe and knowing that you paid less. This has been an incredible time for sales in SL - something for everyone (who can surf the lag and remain cool headed in the process). With all this money that I must be saving on clothes and great hair at ETD and Last Call... I should be able to get some great shoes too, right?


I was just so happy this week when I heard there were some new items at Armidi, another fashion mecca to which I am drawn like a moth to flame... or err, boucle sweaters. I roamed in my usual circuit... hair, casuals, footwear... and OMG there they were... the Barcelona Slingbacks - OK, not 100% sure that they are new new - but they are new to me!


And so many flavors to choose from - some with contrasting gold soles, others that wrap edge to edge in those signature Armidi shades that I just love. But how to decide... then i remembered all my recent sale 'finds' - and I settled on 2 pairs (amazing restraint I thought) - the Seagrass (green is a weakness) and the rich Bole with it's brown upper and golden heeled sole. They are like little sculptures, so nicely shaped with a lovely matte sheen and slightly curled toe box. And once I paired them with my new Last Call casuals and ETD hair - I was positively gleeful. Aren't sales great? Now I just need to get that white pair off my mind, ooh the white. Happy lag everyone!
Also wearing; ETD hair, Last Call Clothes, Accessories by Earthtones Boutique (with exception of Griffe Belt).




No comments: